Coláiste Oiriall operates a strict uniform policy. Students are expected to be in full uniform while on the school premises and coming to and from school. A neatly worn uniform greatly enhances the image of a school. Our uniform is:
Maroon V neck jumper (70% acrylic and 30% wool) with school logo (€35)
Black bootleg trousers or straight skirt with pleat in back for girls (€30)
Black polyester/viscose trousers for boys (€30)
Cream shirt (€7.50) or blouse (€8.50)
Tie – maroon base with narrow cream and black alternate stripes (€7.50)
Official black school rainproof, lined jacket with school logo (€35)
Black shoes and black socks or tights for girls
Black scarf (only scarf permitted but optional)
Official school shell tracksuit including polo shirt and school logo (€70) will be available to the students in the school in September. While this may appear expensive, a tracksuit should be sufficient for three years if students initially chose their size carefully.
The uniform is available in the Fabric Centre, 15 Park Street, Monaghan (Tel. 047 82062) – near roundabout/opposite St. Joseph’s Church.
- The uniform must be clean, neat and correctly worn at all times.
- Shirts/blouses should be buttoned at the neck.
- Ties must be neatly fastened and not worn loosely.
- Skirts to be worn to the knee.
- Non-uniform jackets or fleeces are not to be worn.
- Jewellery should be kept to a minimum. It is limited to two finger rings, one discrete earring in each ear and a wristwatch.
- No facial piercings in the interest of heath and safety.
- Students are not allowed to wear make-up in school.
- We expect students to come to school with their natural hair colour.
- P.E. gear should not be worn to or from school or in class at any time in the interests of hygiene.
- Students are forbidden from wearing runners while travelling to and from school but runners or football boots must be worn when playing games.
- We expect students to always look neat and well groomed while wearing the school uniform.
- The disciplinary system will be enforced for breaches of the above guidelines.